The churches of St. James’ and Christ Church have been working together in successful partnership since 1959 when the Abinger and Coldharbour Benefice was created. In 1979, St. Mary’s in Holmbury St. Mary and St. John’s in Wotton joined our churches to form the Benefice of Abinger and Coldharbour and Wotton and Holmbury Saint Mary, which was formalised in 2014.
Kia predominantly ministers at St. James’ and Christ Church, our Benefice partners in St. Mary’s and St. John’s enjoy a similar arrangement with David Grundy as the Associate Priest (House for Duty) dedicated to those churches. While these roles are commissioned separately and ministry is clearly delineated between churches, the Benefice relationship allows for collaboration across churches, enriching our communities through shared services which take place when there is a fifth Sunday in the month. Our Services page gives details when there is a Benefice Service coming up.
If you would like to apply for a Login account to help update this site, please email the web team here.